A really loving and caring guardian goes to great lengths when it comes to your pet’s health. In this sense, alternative and complementary techniques compared to traditional medicine for pets are increasingly popular. As is the case with veterinary acupuncture.
This procedure has been increasingly studied – and applied – by professionals in the segment, with the aim of improving the quality of life and helping to overcome certain difficulties that affect dogs and cats.
What is veterinary acupuncture?
Veterinary acupuncture is a technique performed on pets, which occurs from the application of specific needles in certain points of the pet’s body. These materials establish body balance and treat pain or illness.
The whole process takes place painlessly and can assist in various aspects of the animal’s life, even increasing longevity.
It is worth remembering that acupuncture should only come into action after the indication of a qualified veterinary professional, who must monitor the entire process and periodically check the evolution of the pussy.
In which cases can it be applied?
As we said earlier, only the vet can be assertive in determining an acupuncture treatment. Below, we list some of the most common circumstances that usually lead a pet to the procedure. Look:
- Muscle or bone structure disorders.
- Hormonal or reproductive problems.
- Breathing difficulties.
- Gastrointestinal diseases.
- Endocrine problems.
- Neurological diseases.
- Cancer treatment.
- Treatment of viruses.
- Post-surgical recovery.
What are the benefits?
Veterinary acupuncture can offer several health benefits for your pet. Some of them are:
- Efficiency and little invasion: the process is not considered invasive, freeing the dog or cat from side effects and showing great effectiveness in its results, thus, considerably relieving cases that have severe pain.
- Medication reduction: through therapy, it is possible to reduce the amount of medicines needed by traditional treatment and thus preserve the body of your best furry friend.
- Physical and emotional support: acupuncture can help not only in the healthy development of an animal’s physique, but also in emotional terms, after all, the balance is complete.
So, did you and your pet like to know more about veterinary acupuncture? Remember that before carrying out this action, it is necessary to consult a professional.
Keep following the PetLab blog and also visit our online store to have access to the best products in pet care! Happy pet is PetLab.